Saturday, April 07, 2007

Graduation Ceremoney....

Last Wednesday, I attended my graduation ceremony in the UFO building aka Chancellor Hall.

Nah, I didn't graduate from UTP. Not yet anyway. But I did officially graduate from the Foundation programme to the Undergraduate programme. That's what the ceremony was all about-no, wait, there was also the Dean's list awards.

As you may have guessed, the DLA is given to those who supposedly performed well in their previous semester i.e got a GPA of 3.5 and above. Last semester, in Foundation 2nd, I attended my own DLA. This time, though, I'm only here for the graduation ceremony, so you can guess what happened to my last exams results.


It's not really that bad actually......Whatever! Let the ghosts of past disappointments rest in their graves, For here comes the Future that I will brave!

Well, I did dread this ceremony, or any events of formal nature, simply because it was - formal. See, I didn't have a formal in my wardrobe, and my last one I lost, so I had to go dress-hunting for a long-sleeved, collared shirt which I can fit into. Luckily, my mate Zul, who possess physical qualities and quantities similar to mine, had an extra black one to spare, so finally I was able to attend the ceremony without thoughts of wearing the wrong shirt nagging the back of my head.

On a lesser idiotic note, I did take lots and lots of pictures during the whole ceremony with my trusty Sony Cybershot (albeit broken already). Something like this comes naturally for me; if there is any event that has students attending it on a massive scale, for sure I will bring my camera along, just so I can capture pics and later brag about it to other people.



Pretty much shows how many students turned up for the ceremony(all, minus those who were absent). The guys and girls to the lower right are from my course, Electrical n Electronic Engineering.


Dr. Zainal Abidin bin Haji Kassim, officially and currently UTP's acting Rector.
FINALLY! A close-pic of myself. No, in case you thought otherwise, I was not going insane there. Honest.

This is a calmer-looking me with the IRC (Information Resource Centre, a fancier name for the UTP Library) as the background.


This is Ivan. He seemed kinda pissed off at me taking his pic....well, never mind, it's done already.
My EE mates queueing up to sign their attendances.

I always believe that showing an open camera to anyone can instantly make them friendly to you. I only knew two of these girls(Alia and Rima, both also from SMTJB), yet all of them posed for my camera.


My credit ran out after the ceremony, so I need to use the public instead. Ah, no lah. But it's still a cooler pose than Ivan's.

No comments: