Monday, July 21, 2008

A Hectic Semester Start

It's almost 5 in the evening. It's the start of an another new semester, and things weren't looking too well from my side.

I registered for six subjects this semester; Professional Communication Skills (PCS), Control Systems, Communication Systems, Analogue Electronics II, Electromagnetic Theory (EMT) and Probability and Statistics (PNS). Now, there's some problem with me taking PCS. See, this morning, my friends and I went to the PCS class at 10. At that time, EMT Lecture 1 is also on, but we went to the Lecture 2 which is 11 to 1. However, at 12 till 1, EE students are supposed to have their PNS lecture. So, in short, at 12 to 1, our EMT lecture clashed with our PNS lecture.

When I told Dr. Naufal, the EMT lecturer, about the issue, he said,"It's not his problem." Which is true. The clash resulted from us having the PCS class at 10; if we're free at 10, we can have EMT from 10 till 12 instead, and not clash with PNS. Problem is, I don't want to delay PCS till another semester, or even after internship. Sure, I can, but by that time, the other subjects I'm supposed to take would be full with presentations and projects. I don't want to drop PCS now that I already registered for it, and have made my timetable especially with PCS in it.

Anyway, I've talked with our lecturer for PNS, Dr. Ratna. She said that such a problem occurs every new semester, and she promised us to see Dr. Naufal about the matter. Knowing Dr. Naufal, I know how hard it would be to try and talk him into changing the timetable, but I'll keep my hopes up anyway.

Anyway, I went to the ROBOCON early semester meeting last night, and after undergoing a serious change of organisational structure, I was made the new Director of Media and Publication. Congratulations to me.

2 comments:

Atif said...

HEY dah update, awesomeness! Teruskan2, aku akan terus membaca... =D

Sorry ari tu tak reply ym, btw - for one, tgh busy. And another reason was that bila dah free terlupa pulak XD

Kaiser Sodrohu said...

xpe2, kite sume ni orang2 yg sibuk...dan penyibuk..

nanti aku update lg pasal ROBOCON ni...