Friday, August 25, 2006

UTP Wars: Return of the Convofair: Part 1

Mmmm….it’s been a long time since I last posted. Approximately two weeks, to be exact. It’s not that I don’t have any time to write. I did. Loads of them. It’s just that…..I didn’t. I’m not sure why. I just did. My mind was less stable than I previously thought.

Well, to not to keep my faithful readers(if any, and by that I mean anyone apart from myself) waiting anymore….

This weekend, UTP held its biggest annual event yet, the (insert appropriate number here)th UTP Convofair. It’s that time of the again where the university celebrates the graduation of final-year students. However, being a second semester foundation student, this mattered little to me, since I can’t get into the Chancellor Hall to actually watch the whole ceremony taking place. I don’t have the authority since I’m not one of the big shots, namely the lecturers and the VIP, though I’m physically a big shot. Well, you can’t care about stuff that you don’t care, right? So, today, knowing full well that it’s the real thing that makes Convofair worth it, I went to the shopping are on the V4 field instead….

The journey from my room to the field was uneventful, albeit tiring. However, tiring though it was, it was easy. So? Previously this afternoon, after the Friday prayers, it started raining heavily. So , when I arrived at the field, the full impact of Tronoh rain upon dry soil was made obvious to me. The field looked like those obstacle courses that soldiers used to run and crawl on during jungle training. Everyone was traversing around with the ends of their trousers folded high. Gave everyone a rifle to carry and it’ll look like a scene from Terminator. Luckily I was wearing my shoes, so my feet didn’t get too wet. But the shoes got dirty.

I walked around without a single point in my mind, except to look around and see if there’s anything good to buy. The first thing that I bought was an…Ice Johor. That’s strange. Being a native Johorean Protoss, I never knew that these stuff are from my home state. The guy selling the confetti told me that some kid started selling this some time ago in Johor, hence the name. Dunno whether it’s true or not, but I suppose it’s fair enough. I also bought a come of bananas from the same shop. Hey, don’t laugh. It’s not easy to get any decent fruit in here, so to me, any fruit is godsend.

Walked and walked I again, and met Winnie at her shop, whose shift actually the next day. I bought an Iranian Sandwich from the shop. I’ve been to Iran before, and honestly I’ve never encountered an Iranian sandwich there. I’ve eaten Iranian rice though, and it was tasty! Well anyway, the sandwich was good enough, though it’s a bit costly. Winnie and I talked for some time before we bade each other goodbye. I made my journey to Shop 38.

Nothing special about Shop 38, except that they sell popular anime products. Posters, figurines, accessories, shirts, models…you name it, they may or may not got it. I went there to get my previously preordered shirt. Since I ordered an XXXL I had to pay an extra RM3. I can wear XXL size, but If I do, I won’t look intimidating enough. Then, after buying a kacang kuda rebus, I decide to call it a day for today, and went back to my room.

Later I’ll update for tomorrow. As of now, salutations.

No comments: